GCL are a commercial agency and property management firm providing expert property and management accounting advice to investors/owners. The company is growing with an ambitious business development plan. Reporting to the Finance Director, this exciting opportunity sits within the Finance department and works extensively with Management. This is a growth opportunity and support and mentorship will be provided for the successful candidate to continue their education and qualifications.
- Previous experience in a similar role.
- Handle numerous different accounts payable/credit control aspects simultaneously.
- Computer literate including extensive use of Excel, Outlook and preferably third party property management software.
- Excellent communication skills including dealing with clients.
- Ability to create and follow structured processes.
- Team player but also able to work autonomously.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, including liaising with Clients.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Accounts Receivable & Credit Control
- Reviewing the client accounts and posting receipts.
- Posting daily receipts provided by third parties.
- Weekly review and chasing of outstanding payments.
- Producing weekly arrears reports.
- Raising monthly and quarterly invoices for Rent, Service Charge and Food Court.
- Raising monthly, quarterly and annual turnover rent invoices.
- Raising ad-hoc invoices.
- Providing copy invoices to those clients that require them.
- Updating monthly tenant turnover reports.
- Updating individual tenant’s turnover files with monthly turnover results.
- Tracking monthly turnover results. All should be received by mid-month
- Managing quarterly tenant turnover certificate submissions.
- Identifying when turnover rent is due to be charged and raising the relevant demand.
- Document logging all invoices as they are received.
- Processing invoices once coded.
- Managing flow of documents between Management and Finance.
- Monitoring and reporting on cash flow for properties.
- Managing the automatic supplier payment process for the twice monthly supplier payment runs.
- Setting up ad hoc payments, providing remittance to suppliers and processing in TRAMPS.
- Providing copy invoices to those clients who require them.
- Responding to creditor requests for payment.
- Prepare recharges and void charges such as rates and utilities.
Service Charge Management
- Assist with preparation of year end Service Charge income and expenditure reconciliations.
- Ensure that the Unit Apportionment’s total 100% for all Service Charge schedules to ensure full recovery of costs.
- Investigate variances and action corrections as required.
Reporting and Compliance
- Produce month end account reconciliations and quarterly VAT reports.
- Produce reports for monthly financial review meeting.
- Ensure department processes and procedures are adhered to.
- Other duties as may be required
- £15,000 - £17,000 plus tuition/qualifications support
Please send your CV and a short paragraph with your suitability for the role to firstname.lastname@example.org.