Grice Collins Long (GCL) is an established and highly successful practice of Chartered Surveyors based in Hertfordshire. We specialise in food & beverage, travel and retail including at-hand-retail. We also deal with shopping centres, high streets and out of town locations, where we represent Landlords with respect of leasing and management.
This is an opportunity to join a growing team of dedicated colleagues who deliver the highest level of expertise and service to our Clients.
Based at our offices in Hertfordshire this exciting role will involve all aspects of property management for new and existing portfolios, ranging from major motorway service areas and shopping centres to smaller commercial properties located around the UK. The successful candidate will work within the Property Management Team and will report to Gareth Jones, Associate Director, Property Management.
|Lease Analysis||- Analysis, and due diligence, of commercial leases and occupancy agreements. |
- Data entry of lease information into the property and project management software.
- Monitoring and advising on key lease events such as reviews, breaks and expiries.
|Tenant Relations||- Inspecting Tenant Premises to check for compliance with lease terms. |
- Liaising with Tenants on fit-out, strip-out and alteration works and required licences.
- Responding to tenant queries in a timely and professional manner.
- Liaising with GCL’s accounts team on tenant matters such as arrears, expiries, and renewals
|Property Management||- Creation of accurate Service Charge budgets and management of expenditure reconciliation. |
- Site surveys to ensure properties are maintained, safe and operating efficiently.
- Supporting the coordination of contractor activities and property health & safety compliance.
- Meeting with, and providing reports and advice, to clients.
|Qualifications / Experience||Real Estate Management degree (or similar) or a minimum of 3 years of Real Estate Management experience|
|Knowledge||- Lease analysis.|
- The Landlord & Tenant Act 1954.
|- Commercial lease analysis.|
- Service Charge budgeting and reconciliation procedures.
- Health & safety requirements for commercial property.
|Skills & Abilities||- Microsoft Office.|
- Attention to detail and organisation.
- Ability to manage multiple clients.
- Business writing and presentational abilities.
- Well-developed communication Skills.
- Negotiation skills.
- Experience working in and across teams.
- Demonstrated use of remote conferencing platforms such as Zoom or Teams.
- Ability to manage own work.
|Monday.com or similar workflow software|
|Leave||- Starting at 20 days annual leave plus recognised English Bank Holidays (normally eight per year).|
- Four o’clock release on Fridays.
- Office closure between Christmas and New Year.
|Flexi Time and Hybrid Working||- Optional hybrid work schedule. |
- Flexibility with daily start and end times available.
|Progression||- Support for additional qualifications and training. |
- Opportunity to grow the role and progress to Associate Director.
|Send CV and Covering Letter to:||firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Closing Date||31 May 2022|