Grice Collins Long (GCL) is an established and highly successful practice of Chartered Surveyors based in Hertfordshire. We specialise in food & beverage, travel and retail including at-hand-retail. We also deal with shopping centres, high streets and out of town locations, where we represent Landlords with respect of leasing and management.
We are looking to employ an experienced Chartered Surveyor (MRICS preferred but not essential) as a Property Management Surveyor to deliver the highest level of expertise and service to our Clients.
We envisage that this role will initially be part-time at c. 20 hours per week although there may be a requirement for additional hours to be worked during busy periods.
Based at our offices in Hertfordshire, with some requirement to travel, this exciting role of Property Management Surveyor will require the management of new and existing portfolios, ranging from major motorway service areas and shopping centres to smaller commercial properties located around the UK. The successful candidate will work within the Property Management Team and will report to the Head of Property Management.
Key Responsibilities and Duties
- Analysis of commercial Leases and other Occupancy Agreements.
- Conducting due diligence on Lease details held in our records to ensure they are correct.
- Entry of Lease information into TRAMPS and Monday.com – our property and project management software.
- Reporting to the Head of Property Management on key Lease events such as reviews, breaks and expiries.
- Assistance with the management of Licences for Works/Alterations with Tenants.
- Liaison with the Agency team to act upon key Lease events or to supply requested information.
- Liaison with the Finance team regarding the collection of Rent, Service Charges and other amounts.
- Support the Property Manager with the coordination of health & safety aspects of property management.
- Appointment and management of FM companies and contractors alongside the Property Manager.
- Developing accurate Service Charge budgets and to manage expenditure reconciliations.
- Analyse and report on Service Charge exclusions within commercial Leases.
- Responding to Tenant queries in a timely and professional manner.
- Meeting with, and providing reports and advice, to Clients.
- Support the Head of Property Management with site surveys and inspections where required.
Essential Knowledge, Skills & Experience
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience working in a property management role.
- Knowledge of, and ability to read and understand, commercial Leases.
- Knowledge and experience of commercial Service Charge budgeting and reconciliation procedures.
- Experience of managing suppliers and contractors in a property management role.
- Attention to detail and a high-level of organisational skill.
- A drive to provide a high-quality service to all Clients.
- Ability to work in a team and to communicate effectively with Clients, colleagues and contractors.
- Familiarisation with the Landlord & Tenant Act 1954.
Desirable Knowledge, Skills & Experience
The following attributes are not essential but would be preferable.
- A qualified Chartered Surveyor is preferred but not essential.
- Working knowledge of the TRAMPS Property Management software.
- An understanding of the health & safety requirements for commercial property.
- Familiarity with Property Management and Service Charge guidelines published by RICS.
- Familiarisation with Service Charge apportionments and schedules.
Please send your CV accompanied by a paragraph with your suitability for the role to email@example.com and we will be in touch.